Job Description -
Completions Electrical Systems DER
Responsible for the design, research and development of advanced new applications resulting in new product/business for the company.
- Position requires extensive experience working within aircraft electrical systems certification.
- Experience within an Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) as an Engineering Authorized Representative or capability of consideration as an Engineering Authorized Representative (EAR) candidacy based on demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience.
- EWIS authority preferred.
- Candidate will be qualified to review engineering data, review and approve test plans and reports, system test witnessing and review/approval of electrical load analysis.
- Additionally, Major Repair and Alteration approvals will be required of this position under the ODA.
- Fault Hazard assessment and System Safety assessments are a plus, but not necessarily required.
- Candidate should aspire to have these added to their list of authorities if not already present.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 15+ years progressively responsible eng exp in specific tech discipline with Bachelors.
- Exp credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs Masters, 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Requires approval of Eng PRB incl bus justification.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to meet corporate objectives.
- Proactively promotes process initiatives that improve the balance of technical product, cost and schedule.
- Applies cutting edge theories and technologies by exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Champions and develops innovative principles and ideas.
- Often acts independently and exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- As a recognized expert in the field, provides consultative services to senior/executive leaders both within the company and the industry.