Job Description -
Complete design, drafting, and engineering data documentation as required by program requirements and as directed by engineering colleagues. Administer policies and procedures established by the company.
- Design new components, assemblies, and installations.
- Produce conceptual layouts, manual installation, and assembly design and detail drawings using computer aided design (CAD).
- Compose Engineering Orders (EO) to correct drafting/design errors, revise design, or incorporate changes/modifications to existing three dimensional models and drawings.
- Interact with outside vendors for the purpose of hardware selection.
- Coordinate design work with engineering, flight science, test operations, manufacturing, supply management, and other team members.
- Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly, installation, and operational problems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is desired, (Mechanical or Aerospace), and a minimum of fifteen years related general aviation design experience or equivalent combination education and experience is required.
- General knowledge of all phases of aircraft design, approval, manufacturing, and service, all manufacturing processes and techniques relative to fabrication and assembly; working knowledge of CAD; and familiarity with FAR 23 and certification are required to perform the duties of this position. Knowledge of ANSI 14.5 or GD&T practices preferred.