Job Description -
Liaison Design Engineer
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Required: Qualified candidates will have:
- Thorough understanding of structures and mech system design criteria including design loads and durability (fatigue and corrosion)
- Solid understanding of design and manufacturing processes involved for both metallic and composite parts with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Solid understanding of 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD), and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for details and assemblies
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 workbenches: part design (machined parts), sheet metal, Composite Part Design (CPD), FT&A, Kinematics, Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) tools including use of parameters, design tables, and Visual Basic macros
- Proficiency in SmarTeam PLM database
- Prior work experience with company aircraft design
- Maintain type design definition of the aircraft by producing the form, fit, and function documentation
- Engage various engineering, manufacturing and product support teams to complete designs
- Participate in design reviews
- Prepare engineering reports and presentations
- Mentoring to junior engineers when required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.