Manufacturing Engineer II – Weekend Shift -
June 30, 2023-
Job Description -
Manufacturing Engineer II
Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Direct shop floor/ship side support experience preferre
- Solumina II experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- CATIA experience preferred
- SmarTeam experience preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements. Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
- Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
- Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.