Flight Test Instrumentation TS I – Second Shift -
June 8, 2023-
Job Description -
Flight Test Instrumentation TS I
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation issues and equipment on flight test aircraft to resolve flight squawks with instrumentation.
- Experience with verification of flight test instrumentation installations and components to determine that correct data is being collected.
- Work with flight test engineers and flight test instrumentation engineers to complete the verification of resolutions to instrumentation flight squawks.
- Setup, conduct, and document calibration of transducers in the instrumentation calibration lab
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation electronic equipment in the data acquisition systems lab.
- Preparation and testing of media to be used to record flight test data parameters in support of flight test data acquisition system.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.