Job Description -
Electrical Certification Engineer 4
- Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services.
- AutoCad, Capitol Harness &/or Mentorgraphics
- Familiarity with aircraft cabin satellite communication (Inmarsat and Iridium), security and entertainment systems.
- Experience with power distribution, lighting, switching, wire sizing and routing
- Experience with systems development, layout, logic and wiring diagrams
- Familiarity in mechanical system design & separation requirements
- Background in creating and analyzing electrical designs in both 2D & 3D environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Catia V5 basic navigation experience.
- Aircraft electrical system design experience.
- Familiarity with 14 CFR Part 21, 25 (&/or 23), 91, and 135 Certification Experience relative for Cabin Interiors
- Familiarity with DO-160 requirements
- EWIS Certification familiarity & experience
- Familiarity with aircraft STCs procedures
- Experience with electrical systems test plans and reports
- Be responsible for Electrical Systems Engineering certification deliverables and schedule within established scope.
- Adhere to company safety rules and procedures.
- Apply company regulations and policies to daily business activities.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, and in developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Responsible for an important segment of the engineering program with extensive and diversified engineering requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.