Service Stress Engineer – Weekend Days -
April 12, 2023-
Job Description -
Service Stress Engineer 3 -Weekend Days
This position is a 4x10 weekend shift Friday through Monday
- A fundamental understanding of static stress analysis as it relates to sizing airframe structural repairs
- Experience as a stress analyst in post-production environment or a production MRB stress engineer
- The ability to effectively work with and support a multidiscipline team of engineers, mechanics, Tech Ops, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s position with external and internal customers
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving
- Candidate must be a self starter capable of managing and working with competing priorities.
- working knowledge of in-service aircraft manuals (AMM, IPC, SRM, etc.) is required
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate the company position with external and internal customers.
- Company engineering experience, e.g. G650, G500, G600.
- Experience in fatigue analysis and damage tolerance analysis.
- Experience in the repair and analysis of composite structure
- Experience in repair and analysis of aircraft landing gear.
- Experience in development of structural repair manual (SRM) data.
- Experience with airworthiness regulations in regards to major repairs or alterations of external airframe parts and components and the requirements to find compliance when analyzing a repair
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.