Manufacturing Engineer, Production Support -
March 1, 2023-
Job Description -
Perform drawing review and approval, develops and revises sequence planning, develops assembly tooling concepts to assist in production floor execution. Actions nonconformance reports based on Liaison Engineering disposition, perform root cause analysis-implement corrective action. Ensures aircraft configuration is maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports work specific to detail parts manufacturing and assembly operations within a manufacturing environment.
- Develops documentation and procedures to ensure compliance specific to customer, and regulatory production requirements and specifications, and solutions for production problems relating to materials, manufacturing processes and/or the right tooling.
- Interprets engineering drawings to determine requirements meet objectives. Acts as liaison between design engineering, tooling department, machine shop, Quality and Production.
- Analyzes statistical data including process capability studies, tests capability studies, and through-put rates; Provides technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of methods, quality product design, cost, and technical issues
- Plans and documents various installation processes, tooling, equipment and quality control methods to optimize the manufacturing operation; Ensures completed tasks have been performed and inspected in accordance with HACI standards. Identifies and corrects assigned production and manufacturing issues.
- Prepares and updates production planning; Assist with BOM identification and control. Prepares and submits Tooling Requests and Tooling discrepancy reports; Details and assembles methods planning and tool manufacturing planning.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors’ degree in manufacturing engineering or other related field experience strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of aerospace industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of reading and interpreting
- Engineering drawing and specifications requirements required
- Strong working experience with SAP, CAD, CAM, CATIA, Microsoft Office Suites Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Results Orientation. Focuses on continuous improvement and meeting goals/targets in response to the needs of our customers. Takes calculated risks and sets challenging goals.
- Purpose Driven. Sets and supports company direction and promotes an environment aimed at company’s unified success. Acts in an open trustworthy, honest, and ethical way even when it is difficult or risky.
- Creating Teamwork and Valuing Relationships. Develops a network of internal/external relationships that facilitates a culture of collaboration and fosters an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are embraced.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 15 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift with the use of “movement assist technology” such as (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, overhead cranes etc.), as required by job duties.