Job Description -
Direct the activities of design engineers and cross-functional team members in the creation of new and modified designs that meet FAA certification and company requirements. Administer policies and procedures established by the company.
- Design new airframe components, assemblies, and installations.
- Produce conceptual layouts, manual installation, and assembly design and detail drawings using Unigraphics computer aided design (CAD).
- Lead and direct engineering and design personnel in the creation of new and modified designs.
- Track departmental programs drawings status and keep designers apprised of drawing schedule responsibilities.
- Establish schedule for design/drafting tasks based upon existing manpower.
- Compose Engineering Orders (EO) to correct drafting/design errors, revise design, or incorporate changes/modifications to existing three dimensional models and drawings utilizing Unigraphics.
- Interact with outside vendors for the purpose of hardware selection.
- Coordinate design work with stress analysts, aerodynamics, manufacturing, supply management, and other team members.
- Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
- Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly, installation, and operational problems.
- Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, and Customer Service departments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
May be required to supervise, train and assist other employees, on a project-by-project basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, (preferably Mechanical or Aerospace), and minimum seven years related general aviation experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
General knowledge of all phases of aircraft design, approval, manufacturing, and service, all manufacturing processes and techniques relative to fabrication and assembly; working knowledge of Unigraphics CAD; and familiarity with FAR 23 and certification are required to perform the duties of this position. Knowledge of ANSI 14.5 or GD&T practices preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in an office environment; and is occasionally exposed to manufacturing environment and elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, chemicals, or some element present which makes conditions less desirable than usually found in an office.
Travel and overtime are required when necessary.
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable in regard to the safety policies and procedures of the Company as described in the Company safety manual. The employee must adhere to all said policies and procedures while supporting the goals and objectives of the organization and recognize the Company’s need to achieve its business objective. Employee is responsible for complying with Company hazardous waste disposal procedures.