Propulsion & Mechanical Systems Engineer -
February 11, 2022-
Vero Beach FL-
Job Description -
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Produce installation layouts, component designs, solid models, drawings, engineering orders (Eos) and specifications to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and Company standards.
- Prepare engineering data for FAA certification such as specifications, test plans, substantiation reports, and sealed drawing lists.
- Select vendors and coordinate the purchase of components that meet specifications and design intent.
- Vendor coordination to track schedules for design, qualification and delivery of purchased components.
- Supervise and lead contractors, design engineers and drafters on various projects.
- Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
- Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly and operational problems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
May be required to train and assist other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years’ experience working with aircraft systems, including but not limited to propulsion system, propeller system, fuel system, fuel quantity system, fire detection system, flight control system, pilot/static system, environmental control system, cabin pressure control system, oxygen system, hydraulic system, brake system or anti-ice/de-ice system. Working knowledge of Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Part23, are preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, are required.
The employee must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form.